A Little Prince has arrived in town…
2.750 grams of beauty
2.750 grams of thrill
2.750 grams of new smiles
2.750 grams of surprise and amazement
2.750 grams of new eyes to discover the world
2.750 grams of curiosity
2.750 grams of expansion of life
Welcome tiny, cute M.
With you starts a new chapter, a new beautiful story to create and invent, step by step, day by day.
There is a whole World ready for you, full of marvels and full of energy. Sometimes it will be positive energy, sometimes it won’t, but you don’t have to worry about anything, tiny man. The only thing you have to worry about is to learn how to walk and run and laugh out of loud. Maybe sometimes you’ll fall, but it doesn’t matter, you just need to stand up and keep on running even faster, laughing even louder.
About what will happen in life, always think that…
It’s madness to hate all roses because you have a plug point, abandon all dreams because one of them has not been realized, to give up all attempts because one has failed. It is folly to condemn all friendships because one has betrayed you, do not believe in love just because no one of them has been unfaithful, throw away all the chance to be happy just because something did not go the right way. There will always be another opportunity, another friend, another love, a new force. For every end there is a new beginning. (The Little Prince – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
Now let’s talk about why I’m showing you this recipe.
Your mum told me that when you were in her belly you loved jam…
So, even though you have to drink only milk for a while, I baked this puff pastry pinwheel to welcome you.
But then, when you’re a bit older, we’ll show you how to blow on a coloured pinwheel, how to make it dance faster than the wind, maybe on the notes of this tune.
Welcome to the family
Puff pastry pinwheels with jam, cream cheese and fresh rospberries.
You can buy the puff pastry or you can make and healthy homemade version with my recipe. Click here. 🙂
- 320 gr of puff pastry (you can also make it yourself with my recipe)
- 70 gr of soft cheese (like Philadelphia, for example)
- 35 gr of icing sugar
- 120 gr of jam (strawberry or raspberry)
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 1 egg (or some milk)
- Sugar to dust
- 12 cake pop sticks (check to make sure they are oven-proof)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk the soft cheese with the icing sugar until combined.
- Roll the puff pastry and cut 12 squares, 8cm long x 8 cm tall.(in the note you can find the link of my recipe for a quick homemade puff pastry).
- Take one square and put in the centre 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mix and one teaspoon of jam.
- Place a cake pop stick in the middle and press gently.
- Make 4 oblique incisions leaving the centre intact.
- Now you have 4 joined triangles.
- Starting from the top, take each right tip of every triangle and place it in the centre. Press gently.
- Add a little more jam and place a raspberry on it.
- Brush with some egg, previously beaten, or with some milk. Dust with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Move carefully to a baking grid and let them cool.
Read my recipe to make homemade puff pastry – here 🙂